Wells Hall will receive £8,000 plus £5 per pupil from the Department of Education.
This funding is ring fenced and can only be spent on improving the quality of PE and Sport for all. The aim is to:
- Hire specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches.
- Improve professional development of primary teachers.
- Increasing sports clubs.
- Running sports competitions.
At Wells Hall we have increased our team of teachers with specialist sports knowledge, and increased the number of full time sports leaders from one to two to ensure the sustained impact of the Sports Premium by:
- Employing sports specialists to work alongside class teachers and to ensure the sustained improvement in the teaching of PE across the school.
- Extensive participation in sporting events and competitions both within the school and through inter school competitions.
- This sustainability has been recognised by the school achieving the Sainsbury's School Games Gold Award in 2014-15 & 2015-16.