Meet Nala our School Dog
Nala has joined the Wells Hall team joining the ever-growing ranks of school dogs across the country. On this page you can find a wealth of information regarding Nala and her role in school. We have started an FAQ section (see below), if you have further questions not addressed there please email admin.wellshallprimary.co.uk and we will update the FAQ's accordingly.
What are the benefits of a school dog?
• A calming effect on pupils, particularly those with behavioural or learning difficulties
• Encouraging expression and participation in more withdrawn children
• Fostering a sense of responsibility
• Improved behaviour, attendance and concentration, reduced stress and improved self- esteem
• Motivating pupils to think and to learn, as most children have a high level of natural interest in, enthusiasm for, and enjoyment of animals
• Encouraging respect and thereby improving pupils’ relationships with each other, parents and teachers
• Teaching children to nurture and respect life
• Helping work undertaken with the most vulnerable children, and educational improvements with lower achievers
• Helping children build confidence in reading –